Sunday, August 30, 2009

I'm a slave to the cinema

I am turning into a movie junkie. I love going to the movies. I love renting movies. I just love them period. In the past two days, I saw three movies in theater. Friday, Kaily and I went to see The Goods: Live Hard Sell Hard. I got exactly what I wanted from it: dirty jokes and lots of laughs. Then yesterday Jenn, Kelly, and I saw Harry Potter in IMAX and then Inglourious Basterds. We had all already seen HP6, but Jenn and I had free passes, and I wasn't passing up that opportunity. Cried like a little baby again. I couldn't help it. The second film of our double feature rocked my socks! I used to be real in to gore and horror movies, but as I've grown up, I lost my taste for them. This movie threw me right back in to it. Quentin Tarantino is a genius. I didn't think it could get better than Kill Bill, which I loved, but Inglourious Basterds was awesome! It had the right mix of bad accents, cruel jokes, gore, and messed up plot. I don't have the weak stomach I used to when it comes to blood and guts. Kelly and Jenn had to look away at parts, but I was just in awe. It's definitely not a movie for someone who hates violence or has a weak stomach. But if you can handle a few moments of some pretty gross stuff, it's an excellent movie. Plus it has Eli Roth! How awesome is that? I'm excited for it to come out on DVD just so I can watch all the special feature stuff.
It was a WWII kind of week I guess. I had gotten Valkyrie from redbox earlier this week, which was also awesome. That was always my favorite stuff in history. Guess I'm just fascinated by the time period and all the things that went on. So naturally, movies based around that time always catch my eye.
To make a long story short, seen a bunch of good movies lately. And Inglourious Basterds is worth the watch.

No comments: