Saturday, August 22, 2009

Job craziness

I'm not one to complain about work often. I'm of the belief that if you don't like your work situation, do something to change it. If you hate your job, get a new one. However, this past week really pushed me to the edge with both jobs. We'll start with Premier.

Last Thursday, the day before my shift started, Ashley texted me and told me I might be switching shifts because she couldn't deal with Heather anymore. Naturally, I was more than a little upset. I have planned several things around the weeks I have off. Changing shifts would have required me to take a lot of time off. I went into work on Friday and confronted Keshia about it. She immediately told me it wasn't happening. I am so thankful for that. It wouldn't be fair for Ashley to complain about dealing with Heather and have everything change just because of that. Part of being an adult is dealing with difficult people. If you can't, then quit. The rest of the week went by rather smoothly, until Thursday. I got every idiot patient on the phone, and I felt horrible to being with. On top of that, as much as I love Jennifer, she spends a ton of time on her phone. She always talks to Scott at least once while we're there. I'm thinking, "We work for two and half hours. Is it really going to kill you to wait until you get home to discuss how each other's days were?" Nothing is going to change that. And come February she'll be out with the baby. When she comes back, I can only imagine it will be worse. To make matters worse, Keshia told us she was probably putting in her two weeks notice. I'm not sure if she did, but I know she's wanted to for a while now. Whoever they get to replace her will not be as cool, that's for sure. I can guarantee Joy won't be back because she hated that job. The whole place is a big mess right now. This is what happens when a bunch of women work together. They need some men, besides the doctors, to calm the drama central that has become Premier Medical Group.

Switching gears the other place of employment, the APSU Admissions office has been a suck fest all summer. It's not as carefree as it was last summer. We get in trouble for everything, blamed for everything, and do everything. Della has royally screwed up a lot of things this summer, and I'm pretty sure she's gotten in trouble for them, so maybe it's getting taken out on us. We get more done than anyone in the office, yet if we have a conversation with each other and stop working for only a minute, they get on to us. We've been yelled at for cell phones, being on the internet, and talking. Apparently Jackie and I are supposed to keep Colton and Casey on top of their tasks. I'm sorry, but I'm not the supervisor. It's not my job to tell them what to do. There is no reason to put that responsibility on me. If you want Colton to do more work, tell him not me and Jackie. We've all been talking about how ridiculous the office has been this summer. It's not only me who sees the crap that's been going on. I'm tired of working my butt off to get in trouble for the little things. I'm also tired of being given projects to do, only to be interrupted while doing them. How am I supposed to get anything done if you keep throwing other things my way? Don't get mad that things are behind when you sit on the internet and phone practically all day. Della was griping yesterday that she was actually having to do work because Ryan had me and Jackie working on something. God forbid you lift a finger! I'm tired of being the only one, or ones because Jackie does help out a lot, doing things and then getting in trouble. I've all but made up my mind that I will not be working next summer, nor will I be trying to work study next year when my scholarship is up. I'm not going to willingly stay in that office any longer. We've broken our backs all summer without so much as a thank you. So, I don't want to hear them complain at all that I'm taking this Tuesday-Friday off. Without a break in the crazy, I might just go over the edge.

Is it bad that classes starting will provide a break from the craziness and stress?

No comments: