Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Just another Tuesday....

Since I have a few days off work, I have time to blog!
I worked for Ashley last night, and Keshia pulled me aside. She told me not to tell anyone, but I'm the only one getting a raise. All I can say is, Finally! I haven't had a raise since three months after I started, and I've been there for over three years. Every other person who worked in scheduling and front desk have gone. I've been on that shift the longest. I think the raise is well deserved, especially with all the BS I've been putting up with in the past few months. Keshia didn't say anything about her leaving, but she said she did apply for a job in imaging. She'd still be in the same building, but in the back. It would suck if she left, but I can honestly say I wouldn't blame her.

Kaily up and decided to drive to Wisconsin Sunday night. I'm jealous because I wanted to go, but had to work on Monday. She's only going to be there until Wednesday, but it would have been nice to get away for a couple days before school starts on Monday. It wasn't a good decision for her financially, but she;s never been good at managing her money. One day she'll learn, when she's on her own. It wouldn't have been wise for me to spend the money to go either, but sometimes you just need to get away.

Getting away is exactly the reason I took this week, minus Monday off from APSU. Everyone there was driving me crazy with the blaming, micromanaging, and constant BS. I'm sure Della wasn't happy, but it's not my fault she put stuff off that needs to be done this week. I feel bad for leaving Jackie and Colton, but it's just a few days, and Jackie won't be there Wednesday and Thursday because of training for the paper. Basically all this means is that Della will actually have to do work this week and won't be able to blame things on us lowly student workers. I know this all sounds very bitter considering she did give me a thank you card and a Sonic gift card, but it took all summer for any sort of acknowledgement. I don't need her to bow down and thank me every day, but I wish she didn't blow up the little things and ignore all the big things I've gone out of my way to do this summer. She will be lost without me after this spring. I love most of the other student workers and a few of the staff members, but I will be glad when my time there is over.

I think Scott and I are turning back into friends. We've been checking up on each other and being cordial. It's nice. This is what I missed about our high school days. After the first year or so, things got rough and the dynamic changed. It took us awhile to get back to this point, and honestly I wasn't sure we'd ever make it back, but I am really glad we're being like this. All along I thought I was missing someone I loved, in a romantic way, but I'm realizing that what I've really missed is his friendship. As far as people I keep in touch with, he's the friend I've had the longest. He may not know me as well anymore, but there's still a connection. I think I might always love him, but it's turning back into that friend love. And I am perfectly fine with that.

I went to the doctor last week. Basically had the beginnings of a sinus infection and possibly allergies. He also told me I need to watch my blood pressure because I might have hypertension. I was a little pissed because he didn't tell me what it was or what I could do to help my blood pressure. I scared myself by Googling "hypertension." Apparently, it can cause heart attacks and all kinds of scary stuff. That's the last thing I need to have on my plate. From what I read, I need to lower my sodium intake and exercise more. I've been working on the exercise thing because I want to look halfway decent when we go to Destin for Chastity's wedding in May. I'm just worried because my family has all kinds of health problems, so I'm not exactly starting with the best genes in the world.

In less than a week, I'll be back in class. I have four on campus, and then one online. Not sure how I feel about this online class, but they weren't even offering it on campus. Guess it'll be a new challenge. If I bought all my books in the bookstore, they were going to cost over $600. I about choked. It kills me to spend that much on anything, let alone books. I bought a couple online for pretty cheap, but several of them are brand new. So there will be no used books to choose from. Really wishing that scholarship money would come through so I can get them. I hate waiting until after classes have started, but that's the only choice. Hoping that the semester goes by fast. Counting this one, I have four semesters left in school. Two years sounds too long, so I think of it in terms of semesters. Thinking about it that way is kinda scary. I'm just not sure about jumping into the real world. I am an adult now, but that thought still scares me sometimes. Hopefully by graduation, I will have a better grasp on things.

That's about all that's going on here lately. Really going to try to keep up better with this and my other blog. It's a nice place for streams of thoughts. Better than babbling incoherently I suppose.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Does "don't tell anyone" include the internet :-P