Saturday, March 28, 2009

It's simple, really

I think I've figured it out. I was watching TV the other day, and someone said "I don't want to be with him, but I don't want anyone else to either."
Maybe that's what it is. I don't think things would ever be able to work out between me and Scott, but I don't want him to be trying anything with anyone else either. I might feel better about him being with someone else if I was already with someone else, but until then I think it'll bother me. I already know the problems between us, and he doesn't seem to be trying to change anything. So barring any major changes, I think our ship has sailed. He just doesn't communicate well. It's all very short. I know he cares about me because when we were on the phone the other week he said that what I thought mattered because I was his oldest friend. But he does a really bad job at showing it. I care what he thinks about too, but it rarely ever goes past short responses. Maybe this is just another difference between men and women. I want him to talk to me the way I talk to my other friends I guess. My friends and I go on and on, and even though Scott and I are "friends" I feel like we never talk about things that matter. But maybe it's a good thing we don't communicate in that way, because if I had to hear about all the stupid chicks he "talks" to and then stops "talking" to, I'd come through the phone and kill him.
Jealousy and loneliness sure are funny things.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Sadly, sometimes we can never truly escape these feelings. I still feel like my exes should still be pining away for me, like I was the best they've ever had. I wish Scott wouldn't be so complicated for you. I just want you to be happy friend <3.