Saturday, March 14, 2009

Overdue updates

Almost a month ago now, I went to St. Louis, which was quite possibly the most amazing trip ever. Not only did Jenn go with, which is awesome in itself, but we sat behind the Preds bench, which made for some interesting stories and looks. The Preds won in overtime on a goal, by the one and only Shea Weber. And we both knew he was gonna score it. Like I said, best trip ever with the best moments ever, plus the best fettuccini alfredo I've ever had in my entire life.

Last weekend, had me road tripping up to Philadelphia. That drive sucked. Virginia and West Virginia combined are the worst states ever. And I thought Illinois was bad. There was nothing but trailers. Seriously. Philadelphia was fun. Did a lot of walking, but we saw the Liberty Bell and ran the Rocky steps. Also saw a really crappy Preds game. We lost and played horribly, but I still had a good time. Was totally being hit on by this Anaheim fan all night, and you know what, it felt good. I always waste my time with idiots who don't have a clue and don't show any interest at all. It was nice to finally be chased in a way. The attention made me feel really good about myself, forgive the fact that he was kinda drunk. Now I'm wishing I had given him my number or exchanged facebooks because maybe there was something there. But we may never know. Either way, it was nice that out of the four of us at the game, I was the one getting attention. That never happens. That alone pretty much made my trip. Apparently, guys up northeast want me. Maybe I should move. Could never do it; it smells up there.

I'm letting myself get back in with the idiot. We texted back and forth while we were driving back from Philadelphia. He wants me to come see him in North Carolina. I can't let myself do it. That's a long drive, and for what? I probably wouldn't get anything out of it. He's been calling a lot lately too. I never answer. He called the other night while me and Jenn were at the Blackstone. He told me he'd call yesterday after I got off work. And of course, I was anxious all day and then nothing. Once again, another let down. Why can't I be like a guy and not worry over every little thing? I want to just let things go and roll with the punches; no pressure. But it never works that way. I'm just a glutton for punishment. If I had any balls at all, I'd block his number. But I just can't do it.

Now spring break is over, and Monday it will be back to real world. Work started yesterday, so now I can't just lay around the house all day like I've done all week. We're halfway through March, so here's hoping the rest of the semester flies by. I need it to be summer so I can start working for pay at the admissions office. My money is dwindling and it's not cool. Especially when I have playoff tickets and season tickets to pay for.
Speaking of season tickets, I'm cutting back to a half season for the next two years at least. You can lock in your prices and pay 2 years over 20 months. So I'm gonna do that. It'll be better as far as driving down there goes. Plus, it won't be as big a conflict with work. Thinking I could continue with full season tickets while in school was foolish. School and work need to come first. I have to graduate and get a good job so I can continue to go to the games. I've got my head screwed on straight, just have to make myself follow it through.

No comments: