Friday, March 13, 2009

10 honest things

Sarah tagged me awhile back, and I'm just now getting around to doing this.
I'm supposed to write 10 honest things.
I'm not tagging other people cuz I don't follow that many blogs.

1. I prefer to drive alone. There's nothing quite as relaxing as cranking the music and driving down the highway. It's my happy place.

2. I'm afraid of change. I'm not big on meeting new people, trying new restaurants, or going new places. I'm too shy to initiate conversations with people I'm not comfortable with. And I'm too picky to eat new places for fear of spending money of something I won't like. And going places I've never been just scares the crap out of me. I think about all the possible things that can go wrong. I like sticking with doing things the way I have been. But I must say, I've had some good experiences at some new restaurants and in new places. And I even chatted up a stranger in Philadelphia. All were flukes. I'll stay in my comfort zone for the most part.

3. I don't believe that time heals all wounds. Time passes and people come back and re-open wounds. And I am one of those people who just can't get over things. It's a huge flaw. I hold onto grudges and all kinds of other things. Most of the time I keep it to myself, even if it's bugging the hell out of me.

4. I love being praised and complimented. Ever since I was a kid, I've been a glory-seeker. I like being told when I've done something good. That small thing usually makes my day.

5. I hate listening to people bitch. Everyone needs to vent every once in awhile, but the excessiveness of it annoys the crap out of me. Somehow I am always the one people come to, and I like that I really do. But I feel like it's never my turn. I always feel like I'm burdening other people.

6. Sports are my way of connecting with my Dad. My favorite thing is when we get to sit down and have coffee and watch Sportscenter together. We may not talk, but I love spending that time with him. I don't think he really likes hockey, but the fact that he makes an effort to look at the scores and talk to me about it makes me really happy.

7. I put everyone else first. I come off as a bitch at times, but I am always worrying about if people think I'm mean. Unless someone forces me to do something good for myself instead, I'll do things for other people. I wish I could stop because I've gotten taken advantage of way too many times.

8. I don't hate my job. It has bad days, but I like what I do and the fact that I can get online when we're slow. I generally like the people I work with too. Everyone hates their jobs and has days where they'd love to walk out, and I'm no different. I just try to make the best out of it, because let's face it, no one else will give me this type of money and these good of hours. It's the perfect situation for me while I'm still in school. You have to make the best out of your bad days.

9. Lots of people like me and think I'm nice, but I genuinely think I have only a handful of close friends, and even they don't know nearly as much about me as I know about them. I tend to be shy and not want to trouble people with my stupid drama.

10. I allow myself to get talked into things way too easily. Which is partly to blame for me not being so financially responsible. I need to learn to say no, even though I want to be able to go out and be a part of the group.

Coming up with 10 things may be the most difficult thing ever, It took almost my whole shift at work. Geez, who could have though coming up with 10 honest things would be so hard?

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Your honest things were so insightful! Some of them mad me sad. You are not a burden and I'd be happy to listen to your problems or complaints about anyone. You're a great friend, I love you <3