Saturday, April 11, 2009

The 2008-2009 season wrap up

Despite having a separate blog devoted simply to hockey, I have to post something to remember this past season. So many awesome stories came out of the past 7 months. This will more than likely be one long blog of inside jokes.
But here goes. In no particular order:
605
Oh no you didn't!
369DSF
Power outages
AMAZING italian food on The Hill
Platform 9 3/4
Awesome birthdays in ATL with AWESOME friends and even more awesome jumbotron messages
Being able to watch a Blues game and actually cheer for them without feeling dirty.
HONK HONK HONK
Olympic fountain fun in ATL after and OT win, fueled by a certain #20
Mariah Carey only 3 times (because Jenn is no fun :P )
In the Shadows in everyone's heads for days on end
Record breaking year for Shea in terms of goals and shots on goal
"Boyfriend!"
Kangaroo dance
Open bar in St. Louis
Sitting behind the bench, having that moment, and knowing Shea was going to score in OT.
Seeing all but 1 game between the Blues and Preds
Having that 1 game be the only one Kariya played in
Being crazy spontaneous and driving to and from St. Louis in the same night.
"Happy Brad Boyes day! "
Boobie radar
"Coach! I need a generator."
"Hammer has to hold you; I've gotta finish my game."
SEM
Driving to and from Philadelphia
"Do you like Shea Weber? I like Shea Weber!"
Oh the missed opportunities with Needledick (Philly guy)
Standing on the bridge looking down at the bus.
WHAM!
Da toof is loose!
Air fives around the arena.
Disney songs in the car...too bad I didn't sleep through that.
"Wanna spoon?"
"Get me a chicken sandwich!"
Delicious nuts and beer cups (ATL)
"We've been spotted"
"Why does he have bare patches in his facial hair?"
"Shave that mess off your face!"
"O'Doyle Rules!"
"Priceless was seeing Smithson in spandex" And the subsequent BARF and TMI
PGS conversations
"Marty is a douche" (Jacob's words not mine)
Making it all season with no appearances, sneaky bastard.
"Ugh, ya know."
"Come hard. Play hard."
BLINK
Day in the life; happiness
Blackstone fun
Stupid questions from stupid people, building friendships, and watching Ella curl her hair around her fingers. Like mother, like daughter :P
"I want popcorn!"
"You're not JP."
Burned by a 3 year old
"Go Shea?" "Go JP!"
"Czech czech, fuck the midget"
"Ya know"
Darshmont
Hot
"Ugh, Suter again? Barf!" (Sorry Kelly :P )
"Ville?! Oh God I can't watch."
Lazy bastard
Pecker is a darsh
Music City Massacre
Carmel apples
AWESOME Christmas presents
Shea & Susie Amish
Rick Rolls
Edited to add:
The Gnome!
Cougars in camouflage
Oh lord, I can't believe I forgot BHM!

I'm sure I've left out a whole bunch, but my memory is crap and I think I have a pretty good list. This season was amazing, and I'm already looking forward to another one.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Wait. What about Suter again? He didn't do anything worthy of "Suter again." I only got him once!

And you forgot your gnome!

Jenn said...

Too much fm STL to truly add it in...

And I don't twist my hair do I?

Sarah said...

BHM!

I loved reading this :] I'm going to miss you next year :[