Sunday, November 15, 2009

I'm not emo, just a lot going on

Since I last wrote, I had an amazing trip to see Sarah and her husband. I had forgotten how much I loved just talking to her. I've missed that a lot since she left, but it was really nice to get to catch up and spend a week out there. I can't wait to go back.
But after that, things kind of fell apart. School and work turned into things I dreaded.
Starting with school, I have been killing myself studying for accounting since our first test. I got a 64 on the first test, with not so much studying. I studied at least 14 hours for our next test. I walked out thinking I had done really well. When he gave them back on Thursday, I was proved wrong. Really wrong. I had gotten a 51 before the gracious 3 point curve. The best score was a 93, and two people got that. What pissed me off even more than him making a big deal about giving us a 3 point curve, was that when we were going over the test, he had those who had done well write the problems the rest of us had trouble with on the board. I'm sorry, but it's not the student's jobs to show us how to do these problems. They don't get paid for that. This is the worst professor I have ever had. He reads us the powerpoints and does no examples. We're teaching ourselves, and I hate that. As an accounting major, I have to get a C or better in this class to move on to Intermediate Accounting 2. After getting a 64 and 51 on the two tests, I decided that it was all but impossible for me to get that grade. Barring some kind of miracle or an act of God, I will not be making a C in this class. I made the decision to change my major to General Business. I need 2 less classes for that degree than I needed for accounting, so I will only have to take 12 credit hours the next 3 semesters until I graduate. The kind of degree doesn't matter; I just want the degree. I have no idea what I want to do after college anyway, so we'll see. Needless to say, I will be ripping my professor a new ass hole when we do evaluations.

As far as work goes, Keshia left about a month or so ago. We all knew she would eventually because she wasn't happy and she never got to see her daughter. She moved to days over at the internal medicine clinic. They finally hired her replacement. It was an outside hire, so she knows nothing. I had to train her in scheduling last week, and needless to say, it was awkward. She seems nice enough, but no one can ever replace Keshia. She's not doing the group leader job yet since she's still trying to learn everything, but I'm still not sure how this is going to work out. The heifers on the other shift still won't work for me when I need them to. I stopped saying yes everytime they try to get me to work, so I'm standing up for myself. I also had to work by myself for 2 days the other week because Jennifer broke her ankle. I wasn't a happy camper.

According to my Facebook news feed last night, Scott got engaged. I didn't even know he was seeing anyone. I hate that he was still texting me as of a couple weeks ago, but never mentioned a thing. I'm not sure I'm ok with this. The more I think about it, the more it bothers me. Ciara told me it would be easier on me to delete him from my friends list, but it's definitely easier said than done. I'd like to say he doesn't mean anything to me, but that would be a lie. There is way too much history, even if it's not as recent as it once was. I've moved on enough to where I'm fine with other guys now, but it doesn't make it hurt any less. Part of me wants to get some guy to throw in his face, juvenile as that may be. Seeing this on my news feed last night just killed me. I tossed and turned all night and have been going over it in my head all day. The bitchy side of me hopes she's ugly and as emotionally inept as he is. The latter must be true if she's agreed to marry him.

Throwing that on top of a crappy past couple weeks, it's just been rough going around here. Plus side, the Predators game was pretty awesome last night. At least that part of life seems to be going right.

No comments: