Saturday, January 3, 2009

and I know that my heart will go on

Celine Dion has been in my head for days.
It makes being mean to Britney that much easier.
So the Preds suck.
Being at home sucks.
Work sucks.
And school starts in two weeks.
That's a big ball of FAIL
Things just haven't been going too well lately.
Being sick makes it all just a little worse.
But this sick thing may work to my advantage if Ashley won't work for me Wednesday and Thursday.
Jacob is a rockstar for putting together the greatest radio show ever. Shea and Legwand will be there Wednesday. So Sarah wants to go....and of course I want to go.
But I have to get off work first.
I'm afraid they're going to start hating me. I'm leaving at noon today, and then need Wednesday and Thursday off.
I'm missing the Avs game Tuesday, so I guess it could be worse.
Frankly, I'm just not sure I care.
I am the best person they've got in scheduling, so it's not like I'm afraid I'll lose my job. I just don't want to piss people off. But I've been here for the longest, and I hardly ever take off. And I've never called out. So if Ashley won't work for me, I'll probably just end up calling out.
This is exactly why I wish they had let us change the schedule. I would much rather have had to work Mondays and Wednesdays and ever other weekend. I think they were just afraid of change. But honestly, with 3 out of the 4 of us being college students, that would have worked out so much better. But no one seems to care. I should just be here for 2 more years, and after that things should start to work out.
I can't wait to graduate and get a good job, house, etc.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Getting out of school doesn't make it less stressful, just different problems. Try to enjoy it, and yes, by all means, call out. This is the time to do crazy stuff. Once you "get out in the real world" you can't blow stuff off. You just can't.