Saturday, December 20, 2008

she's so high

Funny how you can be on such a high and have such a great day, but wake up and just crash the next day.
Yesterday was awesome.
I got all A's for the semester, I had a good day at work, and was staring at a week off (from one job).
This morning I did not want to get out of bed.
No, I didn't want to go to work at 7:30, but that wasn't even it.
I felt like I had lost purpose.
It just seemed like the past couple weeks have been a facade.
I don't even know what I'm doing anymore.
The fact that all of this seems to stem from a failed attempt at a relationship sickens me.
I hate him now, and am to the point where I'm just angry.
Angry at being strung along, angry at being so carelessly kicked to the curb, angry at being replaceable, angry that I lost a good friend, and angry that I was so naive.
Six years is a long time to live the way I was. When it was all over, I convinced myself that everything would be fine.
Everything is not fine.
It's like trying to change the way you've been living, thinking, and feeling for almost a third of your life.
It doesn't come easy.
And it takes time.
Being incredibly impatient is not helping matters.
I want this to be over now.
I want to be ok.
I want to not care about his new girlfriend.
I want to not be bothered that he doesn't call anymore.
And I want to stop feeling like this.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

You definitely need a night out. That's alot for one person to carry around.