Saturday, July 18, 2009

Work, Hockey, Harry Potter, Traffic, and Summer Classes

Guess it's time for a few updates on life. I am currently on day 19 of working 26 days in a row without a day off. Needless to say, I'm pretty exhausted. I finally have a day off next Saturday and I fully intend on doing nothing. I don't want to have plans. I have free time, me time, and I'm going to enjoy it. Reading a book in the pool is a likely scenario. I've been working up at Austin Peay every weekday and then have had Premier every other week, as usual. Last weekend I worked for Ashley, which is why I haven't had a day off in forever. The money will be nice though. That's what this is all about, money.
The hockey schedule came out, so it's time to start thinking about where I can afford to go. I am having to teach myself that hockey isn't everything and that trips aren't always that important. I've got to be more responsible with what I spend my money on and get ready for being out of school and taking care of myself. As for trips, I'm hoping to hear something good regarding Jenry's job situation because I really want to go see Sarah in Arizona. The trip would be around fall break, so I could visit longer, and I'd also get to see the Blues play the Coyotes. I think that would be really fun since I've missed her like crazy! I'll have to get over my fear of flying though, so we'll see. The other given would be our trip to St. Louis. The game falls on a Sunday this year, but it's earlier so me and Jenn talked and decided we could drive home that night. That trip was a lot of fun last year, so I'm looking forward to it. Jenn and I had also talked about a spring break trip. In the 3 years, soon to be 4, that I've been in college I have yet to take a spring break trip. Looking at the schedule, the trip that falls around spring break would be a California trip. Again, I'll have to look at money, but that might be pretty awesome.
Contrary to how I thought I'd feel, I'm pretty happy that I only got a half season. There are 16 games on nights I work, and that just is not doable when it comes to getting off. Unless it's someone I really want to see, I doubt I'll be taking many days off. So, here's to hoping my 23 games are on Saturdays or nights I have off. I've already had offers from several people, some who I don't even converse with much, for tickets if I want to go but don't have tickets. I love how nice people can be. See, this is my good karma for giving that guy a ride to Nashville.
That's a whole other story. Tuesday night I was meeting Jenn at Opry Mills at 7:30 to have dinner and then see the new Harry Potter movie. I got my latte and got on the highway. Around mile marker 16 I hit traffic. Not just a slow moving jam, non-moving traffic. Apparently there had been a wreck at exit 19 and both lanes were blocked. I sat on I-24 for 3 hours. So needless to say, I got out and chatted with my "neighbors." The guy in front of me was headed to Nashville to stay the night before a flight in the morning. His son, who was driving him, had to be up at 4 am for work. He asked me if I could take him the rest of the way, and I did because it was on my way. I was happy to help because he was a really nice guy and it was the right thing to do. So that was a night of excitement, save the fact that I felt horrible for Jenn being stuck in line with crazy Harry Potter freaks alone. But the movie rocked and it was worth it, plus I got a good story out of it. Never a dull moment, I swear.
Anyway, my summer class started this past Monday and so far it sucks. It's boring, long, and I'm pretty sure the professor is a stoner. I'm not worried about passing the class because all of the tests are online and you can retake them as many times as you want. I am worried about being motivated to go, not fall asleep, and not leave early. It's that bad. I'm also a little worried because I feel like I'm not learning anything, and I'm pretty sure that as an Accounting major, Accounting II is a pretty important class. One week down, four to go.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I hope you can come visit -- hopefully it will work out. That was totally awesome of you to take that guy to Nashville. You're so nice :]