Sunday, June 28, 2009

Men are from Mars, Women are from.....

So Brittany, from APSU, not the other one, has been trying to hook me up with her boyfriend's twin brother. She gave him my number and we've been texting for the past month or so. Our schedules haven't meshed at all, so when she's gone down there to see Brandon, I haven't been able to go. And when Randall and Brandon have come up here, I've had work or been busy. Next weekend, they're coming up and I've come to the realization that I just can't; I don't have the time. I told him that today. I think he's upset but understands. I'm sure both he and Brittany will be disappointed, but I can't go through life just trying to make everyone else happy. And this may sound shallow, but I think I can do better. I think I'm ok looking. I'm not the skinniest girl in the world, but when I try, I can be pretty hot. He, on the other hand, was a bit overweight, and from reading his texts, not very educated. I'd like a guy to be able to carry an intelligent conversation about something other than sports, even though I enjoy my sports talk from time to time. Is that too much to ask?
I'm perfectly content with being alone right now. School and work aren't leaving much time for anything besides my friends. And friends come first right now. I'm not the kind of girl who ditches her friends over a guy. If a guy can't accept that, then I see that as a flaw.
The prospect of new relationship also made me realize some things about the last attempt. I'm not completely sure I'm over Scott. He called a few weeks ago; I didn't answer. That made me feel a little empowered, even though I really wanted to talk to him. Having known each other for almost 8 years makes it a little hard to just drop each other like a hat. I miss having Sarah here to talk some sense into me about this whole thing. :P
At the moment there are probably only a couple of guys who could change the way things are. Two are longshots, and the other, no matter what I've been told, is not interested even though now I might be. One of these days I'll figure it out, but until then I guess I'll be working on me, myself, and I.

No comments: