Sunday, October 3, 2010

I'm no model

I did a photoshoot with my friend Heather today. She's doing a project for her art class & having people hold signs answering the question "If you could say one thing to the world, what would it be?"

My answer to this question was "You're not alone."

It's simple, but powerful if you've ever struggled with what you're going through or your place in the world. And in my almost 22 years on this earth, I've struggled with a lot. I felt like I needed a profound message, but this one worked for me, simple as it was.

After we looked through the pictures, I realized I didn't really like any. I feel like I looked fat and uncomfortable. Just another struggle with body image I guess. I just don't think I'm photogenic.

Heather said the ones where I was sitting and holding the sign were good, so I guess they'll do. If I like it enough maybe I'll put it on facebook if she sends them to me.

Jackie's and Heather's pictures look great though. They're both beautiful. I have gorgeous friends :)

I loved her idea for this project though. Everyone has something they want or need to say, and this gives them the chance to share. I wish I was creative like that.

No comments: