Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Back from vacation!

But that's not what I'm going to write about today. Maybe tomorrow, or this weekend. My mind just isn't focused on that right now.

I'm in a peeved mood. It really irritates me when I act more mature than friends who are older than me. I feel like I'm more responsible than many of the people I know. It drives me crazy to watch people make terrible decisions and then try to justify them. Just because you're making all these excuses doesn't make it okay.

Now this isn't me getting on my high horse and saying I'm better than everyone else because I know that I make bad decisions too. I'm just fed up with people always talking about money, but never changing their habits. Living paycheck to paycheck is not a healthy way of life. You need to have savings in case of emergencies. Giving up things you enjoy is part of changing this habit. It's necessary. Saying no to going out is okay. Yes, it may suck, and you may be bored, but if you want to be independent, you HAVE to.

I really want to use my business degree to help people in this facet of life. I want to help people because I know that being responsible with your money is hard. I just wish parents raised their kids with a better sense of money. Maybe then we wouldn't have all these problems. There should be classes for parents to help their children understand money. I feel like that would fix a lot of the problems, but the parents have to be willing to change as well. It seems like a vicious circle. I'm just fed up with going over the same crap conversation after conversation. It gets old watching people do the same things over and over.

No comments: