Tuesday, September 28, 2010

What's next?

The future is currently scaring the crap out of me. If you know me at all, you know that I'm a creature of habit and not a big fan of change.

So, my upcoming graduation from college has me freaked out. It's taken me a long time and a lot of hard work to get where I am, and now that the end is in sight, I've got all these reservations. If I'm being completely honest, I really want to be a stay at home mom, but seeing as how I have no husband or kids, I have to do something else. In my last post I said I think I've figured out what I want to do: financial planning. Now I'm worrying about how to get into that field and get certified to do it.

I've been at my current job for almost 4 years, and it's scary for me to think about starting over somewhere else. In some ways I'm still that scared teenager who was afraid to start her first job and can't imagine not living at home.

The changes that are bound to take place in the next year of my life are pretty serious. I'll be a college graduate, looking for and hopefully finding a full time job, looking for my own place, possibly moving to another city, and God knows what else. I'm afraid to be thrust into the real world and forced to grow up. Everyone says it will be fine, but no one really knows. So many things could go wrong and throw my entire life out of whack. That's a lot of stress and worry for an almost 22 year old.

I've been looking forward to graduating for so long that I forgot what was going to come after. Life after college is fast approaching, and each day I'm getting more anxious.

No comments: