Monday, September 27, 2010

It's a beautiful life

I had planned on doing the 30 day meme that Sarah & Ashley are both doing. But since I leave for the cruise in a week and a half, it'll have to wait until I get back. No blogging on the cruise! Pretty excited to get away for a week. We leave the 9th for Jacksonville, and the ship leaves the 11th for Key West and the Bahamas. Excited is an understatement. Even though I'm going with my parents, it's going to be awesome I'm missing the Preds home opener & a Blues game, but I feel like this is the better end of the deal. There will be many more hockey games. Plus if this cruise is as awesome as I think it's going to be, another one may be in the plans for spring break. California (San Jose) was the original plan for spring break, but it's actually pretty chilly there in March. So, we're going in a different direction, and not making spring break about seeing hockey games. As long as I'm somewhere warm with a drink in my hand, I'll be happy!

I'm also looking into going to Wisconsin for a weekend sometime in November. My grandfather isn't doing too well, so I probably need to go up there and visit. It's been awhile.

School is going just about as well as could be expected. Having 3 online classes is definitely a challenge, but I'm doing ok. The stress levels have been getting pretty high, but I've gotten pretty good at managing.

I think I've figured out what I want to do after graduation: financial planning. I don't want to deal so much with the investment side, but helping people make budgets for themselves would be fulfilling. I may have to get a different job while I figure out the certification and other requirements for it, but it's nice to finally have a direction to take my degree after struggling with the decision for awhile.

Sarah told me I need to blog more, so I need to find some inspirations for topics to write about. Life updates was a good place to start. But my life isn't exciting enough to write about every day.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Yay! You blogged :] I'm jealous of all the traveling you're doing - but you totally deserve it! I can't believe you're going to graduate soon! So proud of you <3