Sunday, May 24, 2009

Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget

I'm a firm believer that best friends talk about everything. A best friend is someone you can talk about the tough stuff with and have fun with at the same time. I've had a few best friends, but the characteristics of being one has changed throughout the years. As you get older, you need different things in a friendship. I have found some really good friends in the past few years, and lost some as well. It comes with the whole growing up thing.
Even though it's often hard for people to express what they're really feeling or to talk about the hard things in life, when you find a person who makes it easier, that person is worthy of being kept around.
I hate even thinking about it, but in three weeks Sarah's husband will be out of the military and they will be taking a new step in life. Nothing is official yet, but they'll likely being moving away. Two and a half years ago, I wouldn't have thought that I'd make such a good friend. Apparently laughing at someone's stupidity in Biology lab is what starts an awesome friendship. Since the spring of 2007, we've been through a lot. Her husband's deployment, my Dad's cancer, stupid education classes, and lots and lots of hockey. She has become someone I can talk to about anything. She's helped through so much of the drama I've had go on with Scott. She's been a level head and a voice of reason in my often clouded mind.
Aside from all the mushy stuff, we've had so much fun together. From Predators games, poop books, and trips to Cici's to making fun of Delilah, Unforgivable, and Rick Rolls.
Sarah, you've been like a less bitchy sister to me. I'd trade Kaily for you anyday. :P I'm so happy for you and Jenry and hope that you're happy wherever you guys end up.
And if that happens to be Nashville, well I'd be pretty ok with that. And if it's across the country, I'll find a way to visit.
Can't wait till Atlanta this weekend.
Love you best friend :)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I freakin love you Kelsey, you're one of the best friends I've ever had, thank you for always being there for me, I'm so going to miss you. I love you & will cherish all our memories <3